Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RSPAN traffic from SG350XG-24T source

Hello,

Does anybody succeed in RSPAN setup originated from an SG350XG-24T switch?

I saw some issues in release notes talking about packet loss, but in my case it is 100% loss…

There is another post related to SG350X switches with a strange definition for reflector-port that IMHO could not be the same that carries RSPAN vlan to the next switch.

Thank you.

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as Source not in the destination ( aslo destination not in source) you able to use RSPAN, i have not tested in RV but Cisco use same technology all over Cisco product same.

here is some reference guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350-series-managed-switches/smb5327-configure-remote-switch-port-analyzer-rspan-settings-on-the.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi BB,

That's exactly what I did, but no traffic arrives into the debug VLAN. 

I have some experience with RSPAN on industrial switches 6500E, 2960/x/s, 2940 (with reflector-ports) and so on, but SG350XG does not behave as ( I ) expected...

If possible can you share the screen shots ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

sg350xg-1.pngsg350xg-2.pngsg350xg-3.png

mridsing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Kindly request you to open a service request with us by calling our frontline team. This will require to check with the setup and connectivity between devices.

Cisco small business support link:-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Mridul

Cisco SBSC

johannfrank
Level 1
Level 1

@ Konstantin have you solved your issue? i have the same problem on mi site.

Hi  johannfrank,

Unfortunately not.

Cisco TAC proposed me a workaround with another approach (a reflector port set on the uplink interface), but it did not satisfy my needs.

They also created an enhancement request that has been closed with no evolution. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X