Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 strange version numbers after firmware upgrade

DavidFeher5048
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

We upgraded our RV340 yesterday to the latest firmware using 'cisco.com' as source. After this the router forgot all of its previous settings despite that we saved the 'running' configuration to 'startup'. We reconfigured everything manually and as soon as the WAN settings were made the router said there is a new firmware version available. We didn't want to retry the upgrade because we didn't want to risk losing all the settings again. It seems there is some bug in the latest firmware because all versions look messed up. Please see attached pics.

Daylight saving time with recurring setting is also buggy. If you set it up correctly it says the start time + offset is later than stop time. We get this error message with the following settings:

Start: March last week 2am

End: October last week 3am

Daylight saving time offset: +60 min

If anyone has already faced these problems please help us if we should try upgrading again or just ignore this and live with these things until a new version comes out.

We don't have any service contract so I didn't find a better way to post this to cisco.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

AlKor
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have the same router and see same information. All work ok.

About signature version:

It show information about signatures for licensed routers, i think you use 90 day demo license.

For security you need to buy LS-RV34X-SEC-1YR= license. See post from https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-technical/cisco-rv340-series-security-license-ls-rv34x-sec-1yr/ta-p/3850789

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X