cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD2005 Frequently has been rapidly beeping for a minute

johndkruse
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a small home network and purchased an SD2005 switch so I could run gigabit and get top speed from my attached NAS server.

Recently I have noticed a problem with the SD2005.  Occasionally (about once a day), it will just start rapidly beeping for about 60 seconds and then stop.  It does not appear to affect my LAN and I can communicate with all of the devices attached to that particular switch.  I tried searching the Cisco website, but evidently my purchase doesn't warrant any assistance from Cisco.  There does not seem to be any documentation that describes what this beeping means.  So I am hoping that someone else who might be using this same device might know what causes this recurring beeping issue with the SD2005 and is it something that I need to worry about.

I have seen references to SD2005's that might have an overheating problem, but I don't think that is my problem.  Of course, without knowing what it is beeping about how would I know.  None of the documentation that comes with the SD2005 provides any real help.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X