cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set static IP on SG350-28P

Terabyte
Level 1
Level 1

In An SG350-28P, using the latest firmware, 2.3.5.63, I find no way to set the static IP on an SG350-28P.  IP Configuration -> IPv4 Management and Interface -> IPv4 Interface -> select VLAN 1 -> Edit -> Static is hard coded and cannot be changed.

The switch powers up in factory default as DHCP and when you change it to static, as all infrastructure devices should be, it hard codes the DHCP address instantly creating a potential DHCP conflict.  In no other switch have I seen no way to edit the static IP and given this design would create a DHCP conflict on every LAN it seems a bit strange that it's this way.  I guess I could create a static reservation, reboot the switch and let it pull that then change to static, but that seems to be an awful lot of work for what should be a 5 second change in the mgt interface. 

Using telnet I'm still unable to change the IP:

SG350-28P(config)#interface vlan 1
SG350-28P(config-if)#ip address 192.168.1.14 255.255.255.0
Duplicate IP subnet. Subnet 192.168.1.0 with mask 255.255.255.0 is in use by interface 1.

Am I just missing it?  Any thoughts?

Thanks.

21 Replies 21

On the IPv4 Interface page just hit the "Add..." button.

Then select which VLAN you want to affect.

Select the "Static IP Address" radio button and you should then have the ability to define an IP.

On that IPv4 Interface page:

You only use the check box on the left and hit the "Edit..." button for adjusting the mask after the IP and mask have already been "born" into existance I suppose.

...Chalk it up to job security.

viningele
Level 3
Level 3

I think the easiest method is to create another vlan and assign a port to be untagged on that vlan, create an IPv4 interface for that vlan and then plug your laptop into that port and log into that IP address.  Then delete vlan 1 and then add vlan 1 back in, create the static IP you want.  Save running to start up.  If you try to do this on vlan 1 you'll lose your connection and you'll have to reboot to get it back which erases what you just did does cuz you never had a chance to save running to start.

This is pretty stupid though

sponger
Level 1
Level 1
You actually can not change the pre-defined 192.168.1.254 - but you can overwrite it:

Just "add" an interface for VLAN 1 with your desired IP address and subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and the 192.168.1.254 will be replaced with your input.

alestrellas
Level 1
Level 1

SG350-28P(config)#interface vlan 1

SG350-28P(config-if)# no ip address
SG350-28P(config-if)#ip address 192.168.1.14 255.255.255.0

SLM2008T-EU
Level 1
Level 1

This week I receive the SG250-08 as a replacement part.

I have the same problem as Topicstarter.

Strange to read in the manual the default IP-address is 192.168.1.254 but when unboxing and connecting it is found at 192.168.1.217.

A factory reset does not change this.

Fortunately the trick with the config file works.

Still disapointed Cisco does not solve this issue.

trakatelis
Level 1
Level 1

The official instructions on how to solve the problem using the web UI have changed. 

The new instructions are here: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350x-series-stackable-managed-switches/Creating_a_text_file_to_adjust_IP_settings_on_a_switch.html 

Hi ,

My name is Nikola Butlev and I'm Cisco Employee.

Have  you tried with a different interface?