Views
Helpful
Replies

SF 300-24P 24-Port 10/100 PoE - Video is not working smoothly

Reuven Elkabetz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We installed SF-300 24 ports that connected to our network and we connected 20 IP cameras to it. In the Giga ports we connected Video Server.

In the same Vlan but on another switch we connected 2 PC's that can monitor all the 20 IP cameras. Everything worked fine until we had electricity outage.

After that break the monitoring working very bad. The video streaming is not working smooth and it is working with some breaks. I reloaded the switch and everything was back to normal. Can someone send me any suggestions how to configure cameras and how to configure the servers on the port switch? Do I need to enable the smartport option?

Thanks,

Reuven

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Reuven, If everything was working as expected and then you had a network event such as a power failure where new symptoms arised, I do not believe this is a configuration issue unless you lost configuration settings. Is that the case? The switch lost configuration?

Having power issues has a funny way of making things have problems. One thing you may want to try to do is isolate your problem to every camera. Do all 20 cameras have an issue or just a few? Is there any symptoms if you disconnect the cameras one at a time?

If all 20 cameras have a problem, I'd recommend to make a back up of your switch and then factory reset the unit as it is possible the power issue caused some sort of corruption in the software.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/