Views
Helpful
Replies

SF300-10 CLI?

Kristian Leth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys.

Im about to buy a new Gigabit switch, and i really like the SG300-10.

My question is, is there a CLI on this box? or is it pure webmanagement?

I will be using it for:

ACL

VLANs

Inter routing

VTP

Trunking

Can i do this from the CLI?

I will be using this for my home setup... and im having 2 Servers (running VMWare) and approx 20 VHosts.

Will this switch be able to handle the traffic? right now im stucked with a 2960 24 ports, but its only 100Mbit ports, and i really need some more performance now for migrating Vhosts and transferring large files.

5 Replies 5

viningele
Level 3
Level 3

Yep CLI

VTP ? There's GRVP but I don't think VTP

Yep to everything else.

Hello.

Can i do the same in the this small business as i can i the 2960? or is the CLI not as "extended" as it is in the catalyst?

What is GRVP?

What i need VTP for is to so advertise my VLANs to my other Cisco switches in my enviroment

Sx300 CLI

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/administration_guide/CLI_300_1_2_9.pdf

GRVP, if I recall from a youtube vid I watched a few days ago is the predecessor to VTP, not Cisco propietary like VTP either.  I wouldn't bet the farm based on anything I say though cuz I have very limited experience. 

Hello!

Thx you for your time so far!

I know that i wont be getting the same performance as the Cataclyst switches... but is the Smallbusiness switches still stable and performing like Cisco switches normally does?

The configuration and management for GVRP takes more time than to manually configure your trunks or to learn trunks through CDP.

All of the answers to your questions will yes with the exception of VTP, which is no.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X