Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SF300-24P technical specifications

I am looking for some technical specs on the SF300 series which I can't seem to find in the 300 series data sheet:

• the maximum delay for traffic through the switch
  • buffer size for each switchport
  • whether or not the ports are suitable for shielded cable and connectors

Regards,

Erik de Jong

4 Replies 4

bhackbarth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The SF300 / SG300 series switches all have a 8 Mb packet buffer which is aggregated/dynamically shared across all ports. The switch fabric has a 12.8 Gbps peak capacity. The SF300-24P can switch 9.52 mpps (millions of packets per second, 64 bytes packet size). These switches for me have performed just fine with STP cable. As for the maximum delay for traffic through the switch, I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

Brayton,

A customer would like to include a 300 series switch to connect to a PROFINET network, though it will be placed in an office environment it is still important to have the correct shielding on the cable to reduce interference coming in on a connection from the factory floor.

To have realtime (PROFINET RT) data exchange the maximum delay for a packet to go from one port to another must be lower than 10 micro seconds.

Having some numbers on this is useful to make a decision on whether to use this switch or more strongly advise the customer to use certified PROFINET devices instead (which has my personal preference)

I believe this switch should be able to do all ports full speed non blocking.

I don't know if there are actual delay numbers in the DataSheet. 

is there a profinet certification or standard, if there is it should be in the sheet.

I would suggest getting a demo unit from your partner or distributor and see if it meets your time sensitivity.

if it's real time and super critical. you might want to run a hard line/crossover cable.

What is the application?  real time NC, Video? ? 

To get best perf on this switch, turn on QOS for the application you are using, use layer 2, don't have many ACLs or filters.

The switch datasheet with lots of number is here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps10898/data_sheet_c78-610061.html

Cisco 300 Series Switches include embedded QoS  intelligence to prioritize delay-sensitive services such as voice and  video, simplify unified communications deployments, and help ensure  consistent network performance for all services. For example, automated  voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party  phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial  tone

dlm...

Daniel,

As I've stated earlier, the maximum delay inside the switch shouldn't exceed 10 micro seconds, this is a requirement for network equipment to be used in PROFINET networks.

This information is not in the datasheet as far as I can tell.