Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SF302-08P small buisiness switch with CNA

I've been using the CNA for our 3560X type switches and really like it.

I saw the lastest version would support the Sx300 switches.

I tried it on some of our SF302-08P switches and it worked great!

But then I tried it on a new one, with newer firmware (1.3.7.18) I got a connection error (said something about not specifying a host name with DNS, but I didn't copy it all down).

Anyone know if that version of firmware has an issue with the latest CNA?  (6.1)

I also couldn't update the firmware on the switch to the 1.4.x firmware on the cisco site. Said a mismatch.

Mark

4 Replies 4

Jerry Paul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The firmware 1.2.7.67 is compatible with 3560X series switches.

On both switches you must use same VLAN.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

the firmware is for the  SF302-08P switches.

I use the latest CNA to connect with other 302 switches (older firmware) but not this one with the newer firmware.

That was what I was trying to find out. Is there an issue with the 1.3.7.18 firmware on the  302 switches AND CNA.

Or if possibly I'm doing something else wrong (certainly probable)

thanks

mark

I downgraded to the 1.2.7.76 for the SF302 switch and CNA sees it fine.

Is that what you were saying? - it appeared you said that was for the 3560 switches, but that doesn't make sense now that I think of it (I think those are on 12.x or something).

Seems strange the newer firmware won't work with CNA when they just started supporting those switches..

Thanks for the help- for others wanting to use CNA with bussiness switches, use the above firmware version (unless a newer one comes along that works)

mark

Hi All,

Interesting and good to know. I would never imagine as it is not on supported device list: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/network-assistant/datasheet-c78-730210.html

Regards,

Aleksandra