cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFE2000 CLI- does it exist??? Please help if you know!

marks-alpac
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a CLI, other than the terminal mode menu, for this switch?

I would much prefer to use a CLI to configure it than the (web) menus available.

The web menus are confusing and the manual is long. I already know how to configure Cisco Switches via the CLI quite well.

Please help. Thanks you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mark,

Thank you for participating in the Small Business support community. My name is Nico Muselle from Cisco Sofia SBSC.

To access the CLI, go to the entry page of the menu based console, then press Ctrl+Z and type lcli. You will need to enter your login credentials again, after that you will arrive in the CLI.

Please note that the CLI on the SxE switches, although much similar, is not exactly the same as Cisco IOS.

Hope this was informative for you !

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Sr. Network Engineer - CCNA - CCNA Security

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mark,

Thank you for participating in the Small Business support community. My name is Nico Muselle from Cisco Sofia SBSC.

To access the CLI, go to the entry page of the menu based console, then press Ctrl+Z and type lcli. You will need to enter your login credentials again, after that you will arrive in the CLI.

Please note that the CLI on the SxE switches, although much similar, is not exactly the same as Cisco IOS.

Hope this was informative for you !

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Thanks, nimusell!

Is there somewhere I can find out more information as to the differences between the SxE CLI and the normal Cisco IOS?

That or an manual for the CLI?

Thanks again!

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid there is no official guide for the CLI on these switches as it is not officially supported, reason why it is not mentioned in the administration guide.

However, you could easily use the ? and Tab functions to see what commands are available.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X