cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG 200-08 issues with firmware and reboot

rydrik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I just bought an SG 200-08 switch to split my Internet connection in two vlans where one (apartment) has 100Mb/s and the other vlan (my place) has the rest of the 500Mb/s connection and the apartment devices should not be able to see my devices and vice versa.

First, I wanted to upgrade the firmware from 1.0.6.2 to the latest (1.0.8.3). I go to Administration -> File Management -> Upgrade/Backup Firmware/Language, select "HTTP", "Upgrade" and "Firmware Image" then select the SG200-08xFW_1.0.8.3.stk file I downloaded from Cisco, then Apply. All that happens is I get another blank popup where I can press OK but nothing happens. I read somewhere that I might have to do a manual reboot so I also tried this but then I just get a blank window with OK and Cancel. Pressing OK does not reboot the switch. PC is running Win 10 with FF 64.0. I also tried with the 1.0.7.4 firmware with same result, also in Edge browser without any luck. What am I doing wrong?

10 Replies 10

mipopov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

What happens if try with other browsers like Firefox or Chrome?

Hi, I tried both browsers that I have, Edge and Firefox. Could try to
install Chrome later to see if it makes any difference.
/Birger

Also try with internet explorer (not edge) to upgrade.
Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Thanks, but I returned the switch as it did not do what I wanted it to so I never managed to sort this out.

Not working. Only with Internet Explorer, or Edge in internet explorer mode. Only that`s work! But if it`s possible, please update firmware! All the best!

Hi,

I have three of these switches, and i have the same problem.

On firmware update and reboot from the web interface i get this error in the console:

Uncaught ReferenceError: dialogArguments is not defined
at NikolaConfirm.html:86

It seems like the web interface code is not compatible with modern browsers. I tried chrome, safari, edge and an older 2018 version of chrome, with no result.

My firmware version is: 1.0.1.0 (its running wild at 99% cpu occasionally until rebooted, so i need to update)

What do we do? Can we update firmware another way? Do you know of some temporary browser we can download and use to get this installed? Browser vendors tend to remove their old software for security reasons.

Regards Jens

I have a SG200-8 which I upgraded years ago using Windows7 and IE.  Do you have an old PC around with Windows7?  I know I can bring up my SG200-8 under Windows10 which seems to work fine when I edit the web config.  

The comment about using IE allowed me to reboot my SG 200-08...  it drew the entire dialog with Ok and Cancel buttons and they even worked. The UI is definitely hackey. ): Too bad they haven't updated the firmware in 6 years. I wouldn't retire a product in this condition.

Had the same problem, with different explorer. But with IE it was working at the end..

psihologa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I have the same problem! So - this work! Open Microsoft Edge - Settings and set to open ip adress in Internet Explorer "mode". With this option you can administrate your Cisco SG200-8t normally.
Please make firmware working with the new browsers!

All the best!