Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG 200-26 Failover issue

Good afternoon all,

I have a pair of SG 200-26's acting as an L2 core on a small converged infrastructure. L3 is a pair of virtual PFsense firewalls running VRRP. There are three ESXi hosts (5.1) trunked to the SG 200-26's (one port in each). Northbound are access ports (vlan 5) to a pair of Cisco 3700's. There's a 4 member port-channel trunk between the switches allowing all vlans. The failover issue I am having is with the northbound links. When I reload the primary switch the environment goes dark (it's a remote site). I'm not so familiar with the Linksys webUI on these and I may be missing something. The only substantive change I've made on the switch is the native vlan, I had to change it from vlan 1 to vlan 10 as that is my mgt vlan for the environment. I see the L3 gateway mac (00:26:0b:e0:30:d1) as expected and on the secondary I see it out LAGG2 as expected. Any advice on how to troubleshoot this issue on the SG platform would be wonderful. Thanks so much!!

Wade Blackwell

wade.blackwell@bablam.com

6 Replies 6

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Wade, a couple things to check would be within spanning tree, ensuring portfast (edge port) did not negotiate on the link. You should also verify the upstream 3700 switches have a lower bridge ID instead of default 32768.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Tom thanks for the reply,

So with edge port hard disabled on both switches northbound (g26), my bridge priorities are 8192 & 16384 respectively. I did get a show spanning-tree from my provider and sure enough the original issue was they were seeing my primary as the root. So with the bridge priorities changed as indicated I am still not failing over correctly. Any input welcome, still testing and reviewing logs for more information.

-W

Are there any standby members within the lags?

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Nope,

Designated & forwarding or alternate and discarding, as expected.

Anyone? Bueler....Bueler....?

Wade, there's not too much more to discuss on the forum, some things just need a good looking at and I think this is one of them. The SX200 switches aren't anything special, it's just a layer 2 switch. If a link goes down spanning tree should be forwarding the other link. If this is happening on the SX200, you have a problem upstream. It could be as simple as a wire misplaced... but really it's impossible to tell.

I'd recommend you call the SBSC and prepare to give a good couple hours to try to trace the problem step by step.

-Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X