Views
Helpful
Replies

SG 200 50-P Voice Vlan

wissamnad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am not familiar with the graphical interface of the SG 200-50P but I need to configure a dual data and voice vlan on a port.

I disabled globally the smarport and Auto Voice Vlan feature on the switch.

Data Vlan : 2

Voice Vlan: 3

All ports connected between the switches and to the Virtual Machine DHCP server are configured as trunk with the Vlan 2 and 3 "TAGGED"

If I connect an IP phone to a trunk port (Vlan 2 Untagged and Vlan 3 Tagged) which i think thats the appropriate way to do it, the phone will get an IP from the scope of the data vlan (192.168.1.x/24).

If I connect the IP phone to a trunk port (Vlan 2 Tagged and Vlan 3 Untagged), the phone will get an IP from the Voice vlan scope (192.168.3.x/24) but the PC attached to the phone will also have an IP from the voice vlan scope.

Please advise

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business -switches". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

I enabled Auto Voice Vlan and it worked. It seems that without this feature the switch will detect the phone attached to it but wont detect the voice vlan eventhough cdp is running.

For that problem I configured the following:

Port mode to "General":

vlan2 unttaged

vlan3 tagged

At Media VLan I enabled the Application "voice" and "voice signaling" for that port