Views
Helpful
Replies

SG 200-50 VLAN Configuration

cisco_n00b
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This is my first time setting up one of these switches.  I'm adding it to an existing infastructure, with multiple VLANs.  I believe I have it set up correctly, however whenever I daisy-chain the switch in with the trunk ports, it's not passing the VLAN info correctly.  There's not a lot of configuguration involved, so I'm not quite sure where I might be going wrong.  I've attached a couple screenshots that show my trunk port configuration.  Again, I apologize for my ignorance, as this is my first time setting one of these up.  If anybody can point me in the right direction to resolve this, that would be great.  Thanks!

interface_settings.png

port_vlan_membership.png

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

We need a lot more information to determine why the vlan traffic doesn't pass. What kind of switch are you connecting to? Does your VLAN 300 work but the others do not? What is the configuration of the upstream device port? What is the default vlan for the network (assuming 300?) Port 49 and 59, are these redundant links or going to different units? Can you provide a basic topology diagram?

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the attention to this.  The upstream/downstream switches are Linksys SRW224G4.  When I connect this switch the existing switches, I loose connectivity to the SG 200, and the downstream/upstream switches also loose connectivity to each other.  The Linksys ports are configured with the same VLAN IDs.  The default VLAN is 300.  Port 49 and 50 are going to separate switches.

Here's the current setup (connected via trunk ports)

Linksys SRW224G4 -> Linksys SRW224G4

I'm trying to add the SG 200 as follows:

Linksys SRW224G4 -> SG 200 -> Linksys SRW224G4

Again, thanks for the help!

Okay, if the links on the old srw are the same 300u, all other tagged, you probably want to look at the spanning tree configuration of the Sg200.

I wouldn't be surprised if the auto edge port negotiated port fast.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/