SG 200 LLDP-MED configuration

jasecollins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My requirement per SG port -

Data Vlan - 180

Voice vlan 1180

LLDP to negotiate with connected Siemens phone to use 1180 for voice and 180 for data (PC connected to phone)

From the LLDP -MED port settings page I have enabled all parameters on g1.

Switching to the 'VLAN Management>Meida Vlan' page I have selected 'interface g1' and 'voice'. I would like to select 'Application Status - enable' and some more options from the pop up window but when i save the window times out and i need to cancel the selection.

If anyone has used SG200's LLED-MED tlv's to allocate a specific voice vlan to a phone at bootup successfully i would be gratefull for help.

LAB  -

ISR-1900 sub-interfaces and with DHCP for vlans 180 and 1180

SG200 with port g1 in use

Siemens ip phone in baseline mode.

regards/thanks

5 Replies 5

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I'm not familiar with the Siemens phones and I always avoid the 200 series switches in favor of 300/500 for CLI and console port, but if your IP phones support LLDP you shouldn't have to do more that select a voice VLAN ID like this: http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=7f52473b745644f5b961f893d4889b4d_Configuring_Voice_VLAN_on_Cisco_Managed_Switches.xml&pid=2&respid=0&snid=4&dispid=0&cpage=search

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

The firmware I'm using is 1.0.7.A so the gui is different. When i try to configure the voice vlan the switch just times out my request and i have to cancel the selection. I have tried this on two switches with the same result. I suspect it is because of a conflict in config but i cant find anything irregular.

If anyone can offer any further advice, that would be great.

OK, this is now sorted.

Auto voip was causing a conflict. Once dissabled i could admin the media vlan page correctly. DHCP bindings now show PC and phone in correct subnets.

Good for you :)  Thanks for coming back to update.  Curious why you could just use auto voice VLAN?  Your phones didn't automagically pull voice VLAN via LLDP?

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Not until i applied the step mentioned above.Siemens phones use LLDP out of the box so it was just a case of finding the right SG settings. Having the Cisco guide for my version of software still available would of been helpfull as i've got a wide & stable deployment

regards

jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X