Views
Helpful
Replies

SG-300 10 PP not booting

Bhawani_Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have one Cisco SG-300 10 PP switch. Earlier this was working fine but suddenly it stopped working. I took this device on the console to see what is happening and I got error messages as follows. I have tried with firmware upgrade but nothing happens. what should I do for making this device operational again?

The output I have got is following :

BOOT Software Version 1.3.5.06 Built 21-Jul-2013 15:12:10

# #
### ###
### ###
### ###
# ### # # ### #
### ### ### ### ### ###
# ### ### ### # ### ### ### #
### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ###
# # ### # # # ### # #
### ###
### ###
# #

####### ### ####### ####### #####
######### ### ### ## ######### #########
### ### #### ### ### ###
### ### ### ### ### ###
### ### #### ### ### ###
######### ### ## ### ######### #########
####### ### ####### ####### #####

Networking device with Marvell ARM CPU core. 128 MByte SDRAM.
I-Cache 16 KB. D-Cache 16 KB. L2 Cache 256 KB. Cache Enabled.

MAC Address : ************.

Autoboot in 2 seconds - press RETURN or Esc. to abort and enter prom.
Preparing to decompress...
100%
Decompressing SW from image-2
100%

OK
Running from RAM...
GPIO ID is 5
Module type is 55
Device ID ************

*** Running SW Ver. 1.4.0.88 Date 06-Aug-2014 Time 16:55:55 ***

HW version is V02
Base Mac address is: ***********
Dram size is : 128M bytes
Dram first block size is : 100352K bytes
Dram first PTR is : 0x1A00000
Dram second block size is : 4096K bytes
Dram second PTR is : 0x7C00000
Flash size is: 16M
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................06-Aug-2014 16:55:58 %CDB-I-LOADCONFIG: Loading running configuration.
06-Aug-2014 16:55:59 %CDB-I-LOADCONFIG: Loading startup configuration.
i2c_status fail: 1 retries_num 12
06-Aug-2014 16:56:06 %HAL_config_poe-A-POEFailDetected: POE ERROR(write_reg_i2c_internal failed. addr 0x31e dev_num 0 val 0xab) was detected
06-Aug-2014 16:56:09 %HAL_config_poe-A-POEFailDetected: POE ERROR(write_reg_i2c_internal failed. addr 0x80 dev_num 0 val 0xdb49) was detected
06-Aug-2014 17:08:39 %HAL_config_poe-A-POEFailDetected: POE ERROR(write_reg_i2c_internal failed. addr 0x1394 dev_num 0 val 0x26c) was detected
06-Aug-2014 17:08:41 %HAL_config_poe-A-POEFailDetected: POE ERROR(write_reg_i2c_internal failed. addr 0x1396 dev_num 0 val 0x26c) was detected

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bhawani,

In case the hard reset button is already damaged then it may not work. You may open a service request with us following the below mentioned link, accordingly we can troubleshoot further on that and do the needful based on the entitlement…

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bhawani,

As per the log, PoE failed related logs (‘i2c’ error) are showing mostly. Firmware version is old (1.4.0.88). What are the PoE devices model connected to this PoE Switch ?

You may open a service request with us following the below mentioned link, accordingly we can troubleshoot further on that and do the needful…

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Dear Sujoy,
I have tried with a firmware update but the situation was same so I have changed it with the older one. The switch is not connected to any kind of device right now. Also, I'm not able to hard reset the switch with the reset button.

Hi Bhawani,

In case the hard reset button is already damaged then it may not work. You may open a service request with us following the below mentioned link, accordingly we can troubleshoot further on that and do the needful based on the entitlement…