Views
Helpful
Replies

SG-300 28Port Gigabit Switch

Priyank Shah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does the SG-300 switch support Multicast VLAN routing ?

Can I have a IPTV Vlan and distribute the feed to 10 different Vlans ? 

I have tested the multicast-tv vlan feature but it sends all the multicast groups to the client port in which we tag the tv-vlan. Is it possible to use the multicast-tv vlan feature so that it only sends the requested multicast group to the client port ?

According to the datasheet

IGMP Querier - IGMP querier is used to support a Layer 2 multicast domain of snooping switches in the absence of a multicast router

Does this mean that multicast routing is not possible ?

1 Reply 1

cristgon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Priyank,

Thank you for using the Cisco Small Business forums. My name is Cristian, I am an eContent developer and I am part of the Small Business Support Community. The datasheet also mentions Multicast TV VLAN that might better suite your needs:

Multicast TV VLAN

Multicast TV VLAN allows the single multicast VLAN to be shared in the network while subscribers remain in separate VLANs (Also known as MVR)

I also found some articles from out knowledge base that might be of some assistance:

I hope you will find this answer useful, and I hope you reply back with any questions or concerns.

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it*

Regards,

Cristian Gonzalez

Cisco eContent Developer 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X