cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG 300 Port Mirroring

eng_saide76
Level 1
Level 1

i configured a switch SG 300-10 port mirroring after that i cannot ping or access the device connected to the destination port. the destination port is connected to NVR and need to be remotely access  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Once you configured spanned designation port, that port in Listening Mode.

You can not use that device as Data port any more. (this is normal behaviour, if you like to have access to that device, then you need to connect 2 ports one for collection the traffic and another one for Managment .

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

thanks for your replay, but i am not taking about configuration. i am taking about the destination interface become sniffer only for traffic.
is there any way to configure the destination interface for sniff and normal traffic same time so i can manage the device connected to the destination interface

Once you configured spanned designation port, that port in Listening Mode.

You can not use that device as Data port any more. (this is normal behaviour, if you like to have access to that device, then you need to connect 2 ports one for collection the traffic and another one for Managment .

BB

Thanks Balaji,
if i use 3560 switch. is it possible to enable the normal data interface and mirroring same time

No, that is not possible, Mirror means only Listening.

BB

thanks Balaji for your help,
is there any Cisco switch model support that?

no, the concept the mirroring port is that you cant use it for normal data.
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***