cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG110-16 Switch uVerse Router eithernet will not light up in switch

Kandy4215
Level 1
Level 1

I bought a SG110-16 and I am trying to connect my uVerse router via Ethernet cable to the switch, it does not light up any indicators.  If I put the same ethernet cable into my old netgear switch it works as expected, lighting up the port.   Is there a specific port that I need to use on the SG110-16 so that the router connection will light up?  Any ideas why it wouldn't work in the SG110-16 but it works fine in the old netgear switch?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What's the particular port-configuration ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

It is an unmanaged switch, so plug and play.  It is supposed to auto detect.

- Is there any info/errors being reported on the uverse side ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Whether you are facing this issue for all the switch ports in SG110-16 switch? If you connect any PC /Laptop on the SG110-16 switch port, whether that works as expected? You may check once by changing the Ethernet cable.

I was able to return the router.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X