Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-08 firmware issue

RMBaltzer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have upgraded my SG200-08 switches from firmware version 1.0.5.1 to version 1.0.6.2. Since that new firmware is active, the network-printing from my Macbooks and iMacs is not working anymore. They all have TCP/IP connected network printers (not based on Bonjour connections) and they cannot print anymore; timeout communicating to printer. Windows workstations on the same network are still able to print to the network printers, only the Mac's do have this problem.

I am still able to view printer-information via the Mac's, so communicating is still possible. Also surfing to the admin-page of these printers is still working, only sending the actual print-job is failing.

I have reset the SG200-08 switches to factory defaults, but still no printing.

Finallly I did a downgrade, back to firmware version 1.0.5.1 and now printing from the Mac's is working again.

Any ideas, perhaps a firmware bug?

I have seen the new firmware version 1.2.9.44, but there are only language files available for the SG200-08, no firmware file...

So I don't know if this new version perhaps solves this problem.

Kind regards,

Rene.

106 Replies 106

Hello,

I can confirm the issue and spend also two days to find the reason.

After update to latest release NFS share on my NAS was no longer accessible.

After downgrade to 1.0.5.1 it ís working like all other NONAME products before.....

Thought CISCO is THE SWITCH brand and therefore I bought two of this very expensive ones.....

The result is frustrating.

It seems that nobody is working on this issue now.....??????

indeed Cisco when will this be fixed!

The problem is described perfectly and can be simulated easily!!!

Fix this asap!!!

We are checking this issue. On v1.0.6.2, DOS control is enabled, hence all TCP SYN packet with source port 0-1023 are dropped.

Could you confirm it's the root cause for your problem? If yes, we will fix it in next release.

How can I identify which ports are used for NFS service?

Capture packets on your client by using Wireshark.

Synology NAS is using following ports for NFS:

111, 892, 2049

Thanks for your info, we'll try to fix it.

Is there a way for us to turn off the DOS control that you have enabled in this firmware?

Li Zhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, there is no way to turn it off.

The next official release may need a couple of months, if you can't wait, there are 2 solutions

1. Downgrade to v1.0.5.1

2. Contact SBSC

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

probably you will get a beta firmware.

Why is the 1.0.6.2 firmware still freely available to download without so much as a warning as to its bizarre behaviour when it is obviously broken?

Port 0-1023 are well known ports, normally service use source port greater than 1023. Only some special service use source port in 0-1023, not all the customers found their service broken.

You are kidding, right? "well known" TCP (OSI layer 4 last time I checked) ports?

We're talking a about a layer 2 switch here that works as a layer 3 firewall in the default configuration. WTF?

I have to agree with Walter that this does seem odd. If you are going to add these "features" they should be controllable in the interface. This is not some esoteric issue - we were unable to print to our Sharp copier using the standard LPD interface on our network. Let me repeat, nobody could print. As IT people know this is a base expectation on a network with neary hysterical reactions from users.

Right. It is far from esoteric, it is simply embarrassing, period.

A well known vendor of network devices releases an update to a switch firmware,

apparently done by someone who obviously has not a clue about networking (layers).

Cisco, where is your QA?

Walter Haidinger   points Walter Haidinger 3 posts since
May 26, 2013   Currently Being Moderated
Jul 17, 2013 9:08 AM (in response to Elph Morgan)
Right. It is far from esoteric, it is simply embarrassing, period.

A well known vendor of network devices releases an update to a switch firmware,

apparently done by someone who obviously has not a clue about networking (layers).

Cisco, where is your QA?

Yup, they can't do mirroring right either.

SG200-08 Not Mirroring Broadcasts
https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3989471#3989471

Mirror VLAN Tag Not Stripped
https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3926437#3926437

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X