Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-08 firmware issue

RMBaltzer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have upgraded my SG200-08 switches from firmware version 1.0.5.1 to version 1.0.6.2. Since that new firmware is active, the network-printing from my Macbooks and iMacs is not working anymore. They all have TCP/IP connected network printers (not based on Bonjour connections) and they cannot print anymore; timeout communicating to printer. Windows workstations on the same network are still able to print to the network printers, only the Mac's do have this problem.

I am still able to view printer-information via the Mac's, so communicating is still possible. Also surfing to the admin-page of these printers is still working, only sending the actual print-job is failing.

I have reset the SG200-08 switches to factory defaults, but still no printing.

Finallly I did a downgrade, back to firmware version 1.0.5.1 and now printing from the Mac's is working again.

Any ideas, perhaps a firmware bug?

I have seen the new firmware version 1.2.9.44, but there are only language files available for the SG200-08, no firmware file...

So I don't know if this new version perhaps solves this problem.

Kind regards,

Rene.

106 Replies 106

PaKaL-ORG
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Firmware 1.0.7.4 has been released today and it's available to download

Thanks Pascal.

NFS now works for me.

I know from everybody else's point of view it has taken months for Cisco to fix this problem but from my point of view I found the problem on Sunday and the fix was available on Monday - result!

On my side, as a good It Manager, I just did a roll back to 1.0.5.1 until this release

Thanks for hinting, i wasn't expecting any update in 2013.

v1.0.7.4 seems to work fine so far, at least with NFS and jumbo packets.

Happy new year everyone!

timbo

Interestingly enough, the Release Notes do not list the NFS bug under "Issues Resolved"...

According to Cisco, these are (copy&paste from PDF):

• Users are unable to use network printing when using MAC IOS.
  • STP based on root path cost does not work correctly.
  • Users must reboot the device for MSTP to work correctly.
  • Users are unable to assign an NAS-IP address as a RADIUS attribute

I will give the new 1.0.74 firmware a try on a couple of my SG200-08 switches.  The SG200-08 on main floor in my house is creating a lot of problems for the Mediaroom IPTV set top box connected to it.   The UDP based multicast streams keep cutting out and there are also a problem where the TCP based multi-room PVR playback is randomly terminated.  I was ready to throw my SG200-08 switches in the garage until the new firmware was released.  I replaced the main floor SG200-08 with a dumb dlink 5-port gig switch and everything started working properly again. 

jeffkill21
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Well... I had the 1.0.6.2 firmware NFS issue on my SG200-08, resolved by re-installing 1.0.5.1 firmware as many other guys here.

I was very happy to see that a new firmware 1.0.7.4 was available and I upgraded my SG200-08 as soon as possible (1/1/2014 CET - Happy New Year !).

But, since the upgrade, despite the fact that NFS is now working as expected, the switch is very unstable. I needed to power it off two times already because it stopped to work ! (power led quickly flashing and no response from all devices connected to it).

So, I decided to revert to 1.5.0.1 firmware... I hope that I'm a isolated case.

I tried the 1.0.74 firmware on my SG200-08s and I still have the Mediaroom (CIS330) STBs.  Looks like I will have to downgrade to 1.5.0.1 in order to resolve the problems. I like the small form factor and features in the SG200s, but firmware is just terrible. 

Hello

I bought a switch SG200-08. I update firmware to 1.0.7.4

Today i see that Cisco realesed new firmware version 1.3.7.18 date 14 Februar 2014 but this firmware is in extension *.ros

Previous version like 1.0.7.4 have extension *.stk

When i want update firmware with ros file by http i have a info: Invalid wrong file.

Version 1.3.7.18 have size about 6MB but version 1.0.7.4 have size about 3,5MB.

How i can update my switch with firmware 1.3.7.18 ??

It is this file:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283454003&softwareid=282463182&release=1.0.5.1

Piotr,

Release 1.0.7.4 is the latest for the 8 port SG200. 1.3.7.18 is for the larger SF/SG200 switches.

- Marty

Piotr,

This looks like a mistake to me. The 8-port switch has always used different firmware than the other SF/SG200 switches. Release 1.3.7.18 is for the rest of the models. The correct firmware for the 8-port model ends in .stk, not .ros.

- Marty

All,

The latest firmware version for the SG200-08 is 1.0.7.4

I have confirmed that version 1.3.7.18 was mistakenly added to the downloads page for the 8-port switch and it will be removed ASAP.

- Marty

I did the upgrade on the FW 1.0.7.4 and all got worse.

Switch hangs up after short time of operation and is not responding any more. Only hard reboot helps. So again, downgrade to 1.0.5.1 was the only way to get it work again.

lufthansen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

do you have information regarding the release of Version 1.3.7.18 for the 8port switch in the correct format?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X