cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-18 port config question

Shookiemonster
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new SG250-18 as my new lab core switch.  All is well but one port for my access point.  Single flat /24 (172.16.30.x) and all is well.  This switch has a 2 port LAG over to it's 8 port counter part (SG200-8) to get to the my network edge device and to the Internet.  So to illustrate   SG200-18 _____2 port LAG____SG250-8____Netgear wireless router___Internet.

Everything attached to either switch is fine except I got a TP Link access point (TL-901ND) for my lab to support 3 wireless clients and when I boot it up, configure with an IP address in the current network, the wireless clients can't get to the Internet.  To troubleshoot, I have;

1. disabled\re-enabled STP

2. disabled\re-enabled flow control on the port (giga8) the AP is plugged into

3. Configured a 2nd VLAN, put that port in that new VLAN 2, re-addressed the AP but still can't get out. 

2 Replies 2

jason.yipngow
Level 1
Level 1

What is the TP-Link connected to?

Clients getting IPs in the correct vlan/addressing?

Alan Ng'ethe
Level 3
Level 3

From the AP can you reach the default gateway of the network?

Does this AP have its own DHCP pool or are the clients getting IPs from the networks DHCP server (presumably switch)?

Remember to rate helpful posts and/or mark as a solution if your issue is resolved.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X