cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-26 dying?

Jammrock
Level 1
Level 1

I have an SG200-26 that I think is dying. I'm experiencing massive packet loss, failure to load the web admin most of the time, and connectivity issues. Pinging two computers on the same switch, in the same VLAN, results in >80% ping loss.

I performed a reset by pressing down the reset button for 10 seconds. Pings were still getting lost and the web admin was failing to load consistently, before and after my configuration was restored. In fact it took multiple tries to even get my configuration restored.

I've noticed decreasing performance for a couple of weeks (slow responses, packet loss in TCP, videos unable to maintain a steady buffer, etc.) and it just reached the breaking point on Friday morning. ls there any undocumented reset/clear I can perform before submitting a warranty replacement?

7 Replies 7

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Please call our support centre so an engineer can assist you with recovery/warranty process depending on the current state of your device.

wycalero
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good Morning,

In order to process a Factory reset on the unit you will need to hold the reset button between 30-40 second, after this make sure that the switch is running the last version of firmware and last but not least configure the unit from scratch without the config file.

Here is the link with the last version of firmware for your unit 1.4.8.06: https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283771818&softwareid=282463182&release=1.0.0.19&rellifecycle=

Regards.

zvxcenter
Level 1
Level 1

could you try bootcode and firmware upgrade?

Good Morning,

Yes you can, here's the link of a video that shows you have to process the bootcode using the software TFTPD32, because in order to upload the bootcode you need to use a TFTP server and this is the one we recommend, in the video the process is made on an SG300 but the process is the same on both, below is the link of the video and the software.

For the software select version v4.52 just the installer either 32-bit or 64-bit depending on the computer that you are going to be using.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3VSsSOWMzo

TFTPD32: http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_download.html

Regards.

I'm on the latest firmware, 1.4.8.06. I can't find the boot code download. Does anyone have a link to that?

I think it's totally dead. I know I have the newest firmware and I'm pretty sure I have the right boot code. The actual boot code file is pretty old, from 2013.

I currently cannot access the web interface nor can I even ping the management IP address.

Steps taken to try and get back in.

- I did a factory reset; held the reset button down until all the port lights flashed after about 30 seconds.

- Set a static IP on my laptop, 192.168.1.1/24.

- Pulled all the cables from the switch except the laptop's Ethernet cable.

- Pinged 192.168.1.254... Destination host unreachable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X