Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-26 System LED Blinking all the time

Jannik I
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Community,

i have a Cisco sg200-26 onwich the System LED is Blinking all the time and ever 40 seconds all Ports shortly light up after that the System LED turns off and it starts over at the beginning. I tried holding the reset Button for 30+ Second but nothing changed.

If anyone has a Solution for my Problem i would appreciate your help.

Best Regards Jannik.

4 Replies 4

emladeno
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jannik,

It looks like a hardware-related issue to me. I'd recommend getting in touch with Small Business Support for this one.

Regards,

Elina

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Jannik I 

To discard, check what this guide indicates:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf20x_sg20x/quick_start/78-19501.pdf

12.jpg

If you are using the default IP, try assigning a different one, either statically or by DHCP.

Regards

Hi @luis_cordova

i tried letting the switch get a IP from DHCP and it has the same behavior. The part where you said i should assign a new Static IP is not possible because the sg200 only has a Web-Interface and i cant get a connection to the switch. If I ping the default IP it just says "Destination Host Unreachable". (Yes i am in the same Network). In addition the port with which i am connect shortly shows a link and then the link disappears. Then after all Port light up the link is shortly up and then disappears again.

Regards

Hello Jannik,

My opinion is also some hardware problem as emladeno says.

Unfortunately sx200 switches don't have console port to see what is going on or troubleshoot, but by behavior it looks like the switch is in reboot/reset loop.

You can try to set manually IP address on some computer to 192.168.1.100 and mask to 255.255.255.0 and connect the Ethernet port to port 1 on the switch and send continuous ping to the switch default address:

ping -t 192.168.1.254

also open some browser and type the ip 192.168.1.254 in the address field and be ready - if the switch replies of ping open the web config page - there is a slim chance you will see firmware upgrade page

If nothing happens - the chances are that it is hardware problem

Contact the Cisco SMB and open a case

hope it helps

Regards,

Mike