Helpful
Replies

SG200-26 ,Why two-port link aggregation speed is 1000Mb / sec

zhangxu liu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,Everyone;

My switch is SG200-26.

I've set up on my server link aggregation, aggregation is LACP NIC, my server model is "HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8", the server has two Ethernet G-ports, the installation of Windows Server 2012 R2,

In SG200-26, I created LAG1 and add to its plus two ports.

and now my computer and the server can ping each other, and can copy files to each other .

The problem now is that the speed of 2Gb / s of my server, network card display, but in SG200-26, LAG1 display speed 1000Mb/sec of

I am Chinese, English is not good, please forgive me.

Thank youHello,Everyone;

3 Replies 3

Brendan Kearney
Level 1
Level 1

with 802.3ad with LACP you do not get a 2 Gb link with the bonding.  You get 1 Gb for TX (transmit/upload) and 1 Gb for RX (receive/download).  This is what the standard provides.

As far as i know, the SG500 series of switches support balance-xor bonding methods, which may give you the 2 Gb bond you are looking for.

If so, what significance there NIC teaming? With a single NIC duplex mode so what's the difference?

Other people have been tested with the SG200-8, if the two workstations both tasks simultaneously copied to the server, the total flow rate is more than 1000Mbps, the total flow of around 1800Mbps.

I was a beginner, a China Luoyang, ask your advice, thank you.

For 802.3ab my understanding is that after the port aggregation, the flow rate can not exceed a single task 1000Mb / s

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X