Helpful
Replies

SG200-50P - Alert on LOG. POE ERROR

hfrohr001
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have one SG200-50P switch that is presenting an Alert log:

@HAL_config_poe-A-POEFailDetected: POE ERROR(i2c_read_mem failed. adds 0x****, dev_num 0, val 0x0, retries 3) was detected..

This alert repeats (with different address values), +- every 3s.

The GUI become very slow, and also the boot time can take more than 40min.

I updated to FW version 1.4.7.6 (boot: 1.3.5.06), but the alert stills.

I have NOT noticed a malfunction on its capabilities (the network is running without issues), but I'd like to know the meaning of this ALERT message, and HOW to corrected it.

Thanks,

Henrique

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would like to validate your warranty and tell you what are your options. I just sent you a private email to the address that is associated with your Cisco User ID. (xxxxhr@uol.xxx.br)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jonrodr2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I hope you are doing well, my name is Jonathan and I am one of the Engineers here at Cisco's Small Business. I apologize for any issues with the device.

- I see that you mentioned that the performances has not issues but the gui is slow and the boot time as well, so as you already did the upgrade to the latest version, i would like to suggest a factory reset, you can donwload a backup file and then reupload it. check if the logs continue to show.

-if they are showing please, feel free to contact us to open a case for this. thanks

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4626/small-business-service-and-support-country

Hi Jonathan, Greetings,

The factory reset was my first action, but even after the factory reset, the alert continues.

Then, I did the FW upgrade, and again, the error continues.

I'll open a case as advised!

Thanks

Henrique

Ingrid Aragon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am one of the engineers from the Small Business team.

Henrique, this is clearly a known issue - CSCus40988.

There is no workaround suggested and the unit could be replaced if your device is entitled. Since your Cisco User ID is showing the location Brazil. This is the process:

1- A case needs to be open for the Small Business unit (contact number: 800 892 1019).
2- You will need to check with your point of sales for the replacement.
3- If the point of sales rejects the replacement, you can come to us.

The case is for tracking porpuses. I hope you find this information helpful.

Hi Ingrid, Greetings.

Thanks for the fast feedback.

I just contacted the Small Business (0800 892 1019), but they commented that as the switch was bought at US (Amazon.com), and we are at BRAZIL, they can not open a ticket from BRAZIL. He asked me to open a ticket in USA.

How can I proceed in this case? How can I open a ticket in US?

Thanks

Henrique

I would like to validate your warranty and tell you what are your options. I just sent you a private email to the address that is associated with your Cisco User ID. (xxxxhr@uol.xxx.br)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X