Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-50P Port Mirroring Not Working

JustinR27
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've been trying to setup port mirroring to monitor traffic on a port that is experiencing thousands of packet errors to no avail. I've setup the port experiencing the packet errors as the source interface, and the port I want to use to run a packet capture as my destination interface but the status just says "Not Ready" and no traffic is being mirrored.

Does anyone have any advice on what might be wrong?

9 Replies 9

Yes, that is the exact guide I followed.

Which is your version? This guide mention 1.3.0.62.  Should not be this but, just in case.

I am on version 1.4.2.4

JustinR27
Level 1
Level 1

Some additional information in case it's helpful. The port experiencing the issues is part of a LAG and is connected to another switch. It's the only port in the LAG that is getting packet errors. I already tested the cable with a cable tester so I know it's not a bad cable.

Maybe that´s the reason.  Can you try with a different port just to make sure it works?

So I switched it to a different port that is not part of a LAG and can confirm it's working. The Port Mirror status is "Active" and I can see the traffic in wireshark. When I switch it back to the port that was experiencing errors, it goes back to "Not Ready". Is it not possible to mirror a port if it's part of a LAG?

Sounds like the problem you are seing on this port may cause the Port Mirroring  problem. 

Using Web interface I am not sure if possible, but on the CLI I´d recommend to re-configure  this port with the command "default interface"

Or you may use a different port instead.

Unfortunately the SG200 series switches don't support SSH for management so no CLI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X