Views
Helpful
Replies

SG220 port down and "Port has not finish RTCT yet"

nrsantos77
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm having problems with a SG220 (with few months) that from port Gi45 to Gi48 when i plug a cable it doesn't UP the port. When i connect the same cable (from my laptop) to any other port it works perfectly.

As i found this strange, i tried to run the copper test on the interface and i get the error: "Port has not finish RTCT yet"

Does this mean a hardware failure or something? All port security settings are disabled and i tried already 'playing' with the flow control and change the speed setting on the interface.

Thank you all,

25 Replies 25

They 'should' but they prefer to lose some customers as i believe we are a minority with this problems so there isn't any real threat to them.

For me i've decided that on the next switch change i will look to other brands that seem to offer better products.

Hoping you can help-  I configged an sg220-50P - subnet ip address, default gateway, added vlans, shipped it to site.  When switch is pateched into a stack of 4 SGE2000P switches, (ethernet to ethernet link lights light)  I browse to the static IP of the new switch, it won't connect- (I am on the same subnet).  I have the local smart hands connect, browse to the new switch, log in, no problem.  Plugged into that switch, you can't ping the 2000P stack-  nor can you ping the 220 when from the 2000P stack-

Because of time constraints, I could not fart around with it and sent a used backup 2000P configured the same way connected it the same way and all performed as normal.

They are sending the switch back, and I have another deployment for which I would like to use it-  any ideas on what may be going on?

I had a similar problem before, but it was being cause by an SG350 in the works that was shutting off ports-  This is not the case here-

I had to go under port security and unlock and switch to "classic lock" 

Ideas?

I have four (4) of the SG220-50P PoE+ switches installed on customer premises with the same issue: they randomly reboot every week or two without any hint as to why. There are no records in the logs either, causing nothing but headaches. I'm also running the latest firmware (1.0.18 at the time of this writing) and have tried factory default settings. The PoE usage is never over ~60 Watts either.

This is quite frustrating to say the least.

Fun fact: the 24 port model (SG220-26P) has none of these issues present and has worked flawlessly since day 1.

Well i have 5 Cisco SG220-50P and i only have this problem with ONE switch.

When will Cisco real solve this issue??

Please open a case with the Support Center:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4626/small-business-service-and-support-country

An update for all: even on the latest 1.0.19 firmware, the random reboots on the SG220-50Ps persist. I can't believe Cisco still hasn't solved this issue. What's the point of RMA'ing the switches if the replacements are still going to cause my clients and myself headaches? The time involved to go to the customer's premises and swap out the switches (causing useless downtime) is costing everyone money in the end.

Clearly, there is a hardware problem with the switches that cannot be solved with a firmware update. The fact is, Cisco hasn't been able to solve this problem for over 4 months now, leading me to believe there is very little hope for a working solution.

What an embarrassment.

I reset my switch to factory and it has been rock solid - 91 days without a reboot.  However, now I'm afraid to change anything after my initial rebooting experience. My case was closed because it was working well.

The rub, I bought the switch because of the feature set but now using it as a dumb switch which it seems to handle very well.

I'm on 18...

mike

For me, as a end-user customer i'm stuck with that garbage.

My switchs crash at random times and Cisco answers were open a case/send to your supplier/etc...

Well, basically the warranty is probably over 'soon' and then Cisco is out of the problem. It's simply the way Cisco works i guess. 

Right now i'm stuck with 5 switchs that i decided to buy replacing the one i thought were 'bad' from a different vendor. I guess i was wrong. 

For me, the LEAST Cisco should have done is ADMIT a Hardware problem and replace the customer hardware with a different series or something. With this actions the only thing Cisco is gaining is having the customer lose the confidence of the brand. This is at least my case and for sure when this 5 switchs reach the end of life at my company, Cisco WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.

Case closed for me and i don't even want to hear again about 'CISCO'. I just hope the switchs crash when it's not a critical moment.

Another customer here with the same problem with three SG220-50P randomly rebooting with nothing in the logs. I thought it was a problem with the environment because we bought the switches from 2 vendors, different production dates, etc. This has been happening through version 17, 18, and now on 19. Resetting to factory defaults seems to help for a short period of time, but the problem has always come back.

Just an update, I'm averaging about 5 or 6 days before a random reboot - yes, I have been monitoring.  Since there are others with the same problem, is a fix coming? 

This is quite disappointing and a pain in my A...

Thanks!

mike

Support Case # 637200991

mike