Views
Helpful
Replies

SG220 Randomly Reboots

Ross Phillips
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We have 3 SG220 switches which randomly reboot.

When monitoring these the HTTPS service will stop working then a few days later the switch will reboot itself.

Its on the latest version of code and from what I can see there hasn't been any updates for about a year.

Anyone else had this issue and does anyone know any fixes.

Thanks

Ross

52 Replies 52

Not sure what's going on, but you should be escalated to the SBSC L2 team and they will provide the image.I'll get to the bottom of this and let you know.

Happy to unicast the config to you.

Hi Glenn, we have exactly the same problem, we are surfing in this post case is solved but we can't not found the solution..

The CSE at Cisco helping me with my case offered me the beta image. The panics on my switch decreased to about 1 every 35 days after I disabled STP.

I have replaced mine with HP switches until they have the code released to fix this. they are waiting on the shelf for the new code....

I can't afford this to keep happening to all of our switches.  If something doesn't materialize to fix this issue in the next couple of weeks, I'll be forced to dump cisco and move make to HP products for all of our locations..  This has been on-going for about a year now with not a fix.  Very very disappointing.

Hi, can you send me this beta image file, sistemas@comfacesar.com, thanks

jaume.munoz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We have the same problem, and our experience is the folowing:

- We have not the SNMP Agent de-activated and it crashes anyway.

- We have solved the problem changing the switch (RMA of this switch and buying a new one) but we still have at least 20 switches bought in December 2015 with ths problem, and it is hard to 

- We observe that although configuration is retained, time and date is lost in each reset. 

- We are going to locate the 1.0.0.20_beta2 firmware and see if it solves the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X