Views
Helpful
Replies

SG250-08HP Boot Loop

duncanunderwood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a brand new SG250-08HP that was working fine for the last week and then ive gone to power it on and now its stuck in a boot loop where the startup config will load and then 10 seconds later all the ports shutdown and then the unit reboots all over again.

Ive tried multiple attempts at resetting using the reset pin but with no success.

Could a faulty port be causing this? any ideas?

thanks!

19 Replies 19

Yea we had two 250s go faulty with a boot loop. Was frustrating that they went faulty while on site in production.

We will never buy these units again and because of this started looking at other manufacturers being that there is plenty of options than ever before.

sylvain.benoit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a CSB250-24T-4G and the same problem. The product is under guarantee but with CSB it is not possible to open a ticket. I can just return the product to my seller.

If that  can help you, on my console port I've the message :

reboot.jpg

It seems there is no solution to this problem in this discussion.

Hi there,

My name is Nikola and I'm a Cisco Small Business Devices team member.

??

Is your switch running on the latest firmware version(3.1.1.7 for CBS250 and 2.5.8.15 for SG250)?

If not try to upgrade it.

Regards

Yes it was running latest firmware. It was also stuck in a boot loop and the units didn’t have CLI access. It happened on two different units.

We no longer prefer to use these units as they have been unreliable in a production environment and sourced an alternative brand.

Hello,

Yes it was running the latest firmware. Since there is no CLI Access on these devices, we couldn't see anything about the error/log.

The only indication was that the System-LED was blinking in boot scheme.

There is a problem if the power is lost, something is going irreparably defective. Reset with physical button doesn't make what it should, nothing happens. Still in boot loopa afterwards

We don't use/buy these devices anymore.