cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-10MP FW 1.4.0.88 Error

MinPinsRock-1
Level 1
Level 1

I own a Cisco SG300-10MP which is in my home office, the FW had not been upgraded for quite some time. The "PID VID" shown on the label on the back of the switch is "SRW2008MP-K9 V01". On the System Summary page it displays "PID VID: SRW2008MP-K9 V30"

Tonight I downloaded 3 FW versions from Cisco and upgraded the FW from the active version which was 1.2.7.76.

I installed 1.3.5.58 with a reboot and active image copy/backup followed by 1.3.7.18 with another reboot and copy/backup of active image. Everything went perfectly and the switch was running normally.

But when I attempt to upload FW image 1.4.0.88 I got the following error message:

Upgrade/Backup Firmware/Language
Bytes Transferred: 7273984
Error Message: Copy: SW code file is over sized"

It won't allow me to upload the latest version let alone install it. It shows version 1.4.0.88 selectable in the non-active image drop-down list, but the MD5 for it shows all zeros on the System Summary page, and shows the Boot version is 1.0.0.4.

What is the fix for this?  (I am not a networking Pro, not anywhere even remotely close to being one)

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please follow the steps in the document:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12321266/firmware-upgrade-troubleshooting-300-and-500-series-managed-switches

There is an intermediate firmware and boot code which needs to be uploaded first.

Regards,

Aleksandra

Thank you Aleksandra!