cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-10MP stuck in boot mode (system LED flashing green)

MinPinsRock-1
Level 1
Level 1

I recently updated the firmware on my SG300-10MP POE switch to version 1.4.10.06 (file name sx300_fw-14106.ros), it is installed in the active and backup file locations. The switch seemed to be functioning perfectly with this firmware, no issues. It was rebooted a couple of times with this firmware.

I intend to replace this switch and sell it, so using the GUI I clicked on "Reset to factory Defaults" and clicked OK.

Now the switch is not fully booting, the System LED blinks green continuously, and the switch is not reachable via LAN. I tried using the reset button on the front of the unit (for about 15 seconds) with no ethernet cable connected, that was no help. I also left it unplugged for 30 minutes, but powering it on results in the same blinking green System LED and no network connection. I do not possess a PC with a serial connection, so I cannot make use of the rear console port.

Is the switch done for or is there a solution to get it to boot?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Glad all working as expecting if resolve mark as solution, please.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When the switch is using the factory default IP address, the System LED  flashes continuously

Try using below configuration guide to setup.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/quick_start/78-19252-01.pdf

BB

"System LED—(Green) Lights steady when the switch is powered on, and
flashes when booting, performing self tests, and acquiring an IP address. If
the LED flashes Amber, the switch has detected a hardware failure.
"

My router was not seeing it and was not assigning it an IP address. Then I moved the ethernet cable to the G9 port and my router was able to assign it an IP address and I could finally access the GUI. Thanks.

Glad all working as expecting if resolve mark as solution, please.

BB