cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-10MPP Power Supply

kevindscott
Level 1
Level 1

I need to find a replacement power supply for the SG300-10MPP-K9 switch..

Does anybody have the part number for this power supply?  Or know of anywhere selling them?

Rack ears was easy, power supply is difficult.

9 Replies 9

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

normally components of any small business device family is not modular, which applies to your SG300 switch as well. Power supply is not modular thus not replaceable official way. If your unit is still in warranty, the best you would do is to ask for device replacement. 

By device replacement, replace the switch and power supply, rather than just find a power supply?  If the power supply isn't going to be modular, put it inside the device..?  I know..  My opinion doesn't count for squat..  ;)

I will say, I am not a fan of the 4 mini-din power input..  Much prefer C13 inputs..  haha

Believe I may have found it though..  Maybe someone with one can confirm,

LEI branded NUA5-34802475-I1  48VDC 2.75 amp ?

understand in case that your switch already out of warranty. but in case it is still under valid support with possibility of replacement, then why fighting with power supply replacement by yourself if you can get it replaced with brand new device? not going talk that once you open your switch chassis your warranty is over.

in case your switch is really out of warranty, then you can open it and there could be a label on power supply with part number/ID which you can search on internet....

Yes, that is true, but these switches, the power supply is very similar to a CP-PWR-CUBE adapter, just an odd end for the switch and a lot higher amperage.  :)  Weird 4 pin power supply..

These are power supplies that IMO, should be readily available, very much customer replaceable.

I was thinking about most/all of the other Cisco switches I have had in the past have all been C13 inputs, into the switch  ;)

Regardless, I have a switch with no power supply..  So I needed to find one.  Warranty usually doesn't cover missing parts..  :D

ok, understand :-D

i think I got it, you are looking for power adapter, right?

Yes....?

Was I unclear above?

yep, unfortunately... I though you are looking for some device-internal power-related part. Not an external power adapter. sorry for that...

In that case you're right, I did same search over internet and found only some with 4-Pin cords (no official way how to get that adapter). But actually you can choose/buy adapter(s) even for a bit different unit - SG300-10P. These are a bit less powerful, but in case you are not going to supply full MP power to all switch ports, then you are on safe side. Usually switch will take only that much power, how it is needed to provide to powered devices connected to his ports.

Yes, looking at the datasheet,  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/small-business-smart-switches/data_sheet_c78-610061.html

It appears that the SG300-10MP and SG300-10MPP both use the same power supply.

The max PoE budget for the switch is 124 watts, the power supply I indicated above is rated 132 watts.  Before efficiency calculations the switch draws ~13 watts from the wall.  So really sounds like this is the correct power supply.  It was just luck that I found it..  The 'compatible' power supplies are easy to find, but not the power ratings on them.  And as I've taught in the past, often OEM is just better.  haha

Side note:  It is interesting that the MTBF for the SG300-10MP is 67,008 hours and for the SG300-10MPP, 945,042 hours.  Just under 15 times longer life between failures for very similar pieces of equipment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X