Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-28 does not boot, stuck in loop HOSTG_board_id_get: board id not found

SPM7179
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a SG300-28 that does not boot full, it get stuck in a loop. I connected via console and updated to the latest firmware, see attached file. I have also tried 1.1, 1.2 and 1.4 releases of the firmware.

The error:

02-Dec-2019 00:24:26 %SYSLOG-F-OSFATAL: HOSTG_board_id_get: board id not found.

I have erased flash file "config" as well, still fails.

Any suggestions on what the error means / how to fix?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

psandel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sir,

My name is Puneet Sandel and i am from Cisco small business support center. Kindly let us know whether you tried doing a hard reset on the device. If yes and the issue still persists, please call Cisco front line number and get a case open with us for Hardware replacement.

You can click on the below link to contact front line team for the same.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Puneet Sandel

Technical Consulting Engineer-Level 2

Global CX Centers – Small Business Support

mihail_ip
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Try to downgrade the firmware to pre 1.3.5.58 in attempt to stop the boot loop. You have too old bootloader.

To do this download one of the older than 1.3.5.58 and stop the boot process by pressing Esc or Enter when you see

Autoboot in 2 seconds - press RETURN or Esc. to abort and enter prom.

Then choose "Download Software"

For working on Console you need something that support xmodem - for example TeraTerm or similar.

You need to be sufficiently fast, because it quickly times out - so if you cannot send it first time - try another

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Mike