Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-28 RADIUS login

Martin Oesting
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have some 2960s and they work like a charm. I configured RADIUS access on them and had no problems with that.

Now I have two C300 (SG300-28) and I can't get them to work with my RADIUS server, I always get an "authentication failed".

Here are the commands on one of the boxes:

encrypted radius-server key <encrypted key>

radius-server host <radius host IP> auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646

aaa authentication enable SSH radius enable

aaa authentication login SSH radius local

Also, why is it presenting me the login twice when I connect via ssh (first with "login-as:" and no password and then with "User Name:" and with a password?!) ? At the first login I can type whatever I want and only the second login is the real one.

Greetings

Martin

18 Replies 18

Thank you, that worked like a charm. Now only get the Login as prompt and not the additional Username prompt.

Now I just need to get the Radius working properly.  :)

Still not working even after two years? :)
- do you have similar configuration like mentioned here: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1478/how-to-setup-ias-to-use-radius-to-authenticate-cisco-device/ ?
- did you tried to increase IAS logging verbosity?
- did you performed packet capture to see RADIUS conversation between both parties? If so, did you saw Access-Accept or Access-Reject response coming from RADIUS server?
- if it is "Access-Reject", are you sure you are using correct login name password? did you see correct values (username and password) inside RADIUS conversation (inside message Access-Request)? If so, are you use complicated password with non ASCII characters? Have you tried to simplify it to include only ASCII characters in password (I hope this is requirement)?
- if it is "Access-Accept" message coming from RADIUS and you still not having access to device, have you checked mandatory fields inside "Access-Accept" message? both following were required in my scenario:

Service-Type = Administrative-User,
Cisco-AVPair = "shell:priv-lvl=15"

For me it is working well, but I am using FreeRADIUS instead of IAS (but this should not matter at all).

Thanks Michael Bruncko. Changing the service-type from "Login" to "Administrative" on my NPS Win 2012 R2 server fixed it.

Would never have gotten there without your post.

Cheers!

SG300 Switches doesn’t allow AAA authentication. Request your support.

Following are the commands used for the config.

·         Radius-server host <IP> key <key>

·         Aaa authentication login <SSH_list_name> radius local

·         Aaa authentication login <Console_list_name> radius local

·         Aaa authentication enable <SSH_list_name> radius

·         Aaa authentication enable <Console_list_name> radius

·         Line ssh

·         Login authentication <SSH_list_name>

·         Line console

·         Login authentication <Console_list_name>

Note      : Same config works fine in SG350 switches.

: SG300s are running on 1.4.11.5 (Boot Version: 1.3.5.06)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X