Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-28 reset button not working, system light off

stormranger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have an SG300-28 and recently I was in need to reset/Restart it via the button as I messed up the config. I used a pin and I feel the button pressed - I tried this for up to one minute to hold it but nothing happens. The only way I have now is pull the power cord and reconnect it that at least a restart is happening. The switch itself is working fine (at least it appears this way).

Above that the system led is not on - no green/yellow, no blinking during startup whatsoever.

Firmware is the latest available 1.4.8.6, boot version 1.3.5.06. I fear this is some kind of hardware failure but not sure.

I just want to be able to have a "Hardware" reset option available in case the config on startup also leads to a non-working switch. Do you have any suggestion on that, Maybe I am missing something here?

Thank you for your suggestions!

2 Replies 2

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

With the SG300 you only need to press the reset button for 20 seconds (until all the LEDs light up) and then release, for the switch to reset. If this isn't happening then it sounds like a hardware isssue.

If you have access to the webGUI, you ca reset it there. Under Administration -> Reboot, there are options for Restore to Factory Defaults and Clear Startup Configuration File, which will have the same effect as the reset button.

cheers,

Seb.

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 
My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

If the system LED light is OFF all the time, I think it would be best if you could call our support line and open a support case.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO