Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-28 SRW2024-K9-EU LACP Issue,

Amit Thakkar
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I am facing issue with relating to Link Aggregation (LACP), here with i have Discuss the details below,

I am tring to make the Two etherchannel setup with using Two SG300-28 Switches connected eachother, (As a stated given Diagram)

For ex, (Vlan-17,20,21,24,30) pass through One etherchannel

For ex, (Vlan-201,202,203 pass through Second etherchannel,

LACP Also i have kept enable for both the etherchannel,

After creating two etherchannel it is showing one etherchannel is ACTIVE and other one is showing STANDBY,

if i want to make both the etherchannel should work as ACTIVE than is it possible ?

if it is possible than please help me out for the configuration and if it is not possible than please guide me why it is made it like ?

4 Replies 4

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Amit,

By having two links (virtual or physical) connected between switches, you will have one as the primary and the other as back up. This is due to STP trying to prevent a loop in the network. I have not set it up often, but you can use MSTP to create two instances of Spanning tree. This will allow one LAG to be for set vlans and the other to be use for the other vlans.

Hi Robert,

You are right i can get that same features as you have stated in the post, but my problem is relating to LACP,

not STP,

See in my given diagram i have purposely kept the switch--1 as Root Bridge for all Vlans And Other it means Switch--2 is a Backup Root Bridge for All the Vlans, And also the Sw-2 Both the Ports i have kept as STP Block Port,  as per the requiremnt i have done the configuration,

So now there is no any more problem with STP right, than also why its not creating Etherchannel as ACTIVE / ACTIVE Mode, and why it is not working as per the Design. if you have any solutions guide or examples guide for the LACP Configuration, than please share it,

Thanks for your Input,

Please make sure you're running latest firmware on the SG300 switches 1.1.2.0

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283019617&softwareid=282463181&release=1.1.2.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Next under security -->Mgmt access methond-->TCP/UDP services make sure SSH or TELNET is enabled.

Telnet/SSH -->log into SG300 type SG300#>show running-config

This will give your running configuration of all switches and repost.

Thanks,
Jasbryan

Hi Jasbryan,

As per your previous replied, here with i have Attached the Configuration  documents of All the Switches And also the diagram as per the config  file, please refer both for your better understanding, then also if you required any assistence for the same then please let me know,

Thanks for your Support