cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

CISCO SWITCHES FOR SMALL and MEDIUM BUSINESS

Introducing the next generation of Cisco Small and Medium Business Switches. Cisco is refreshing its SMB Switch portfolio. Click here  to learn more.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

SG300-28 SSH incoming packet was garbled on decryption

I use PuTTY to SSH into Cisco switches regularly. Today I ran into the message 'incoming packet was garbled on decryption'. I logged into the switch via HTTP and saw the uptime was 115 days. After seeing I could PuTTY into the SG-300-28P right above it, I just rebooted the bottom switch, and then PuTTY instantly connected via SSH and everything was fine. The connection settings were stored in a profile so the settings were fine. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this. I am fine rebooting every 115 days if it happens again. FW is 1.2.7.76. On a similar note, the Save icon quit blinking on the 28P right around the 115 day uptime mark. A reboot resumed the icon blinking. Not a huge issue, but when I see that I wonder what else the switch might be doing that I don't know about.

Another question is this: Is the SLM2024PT-NA  the same as a SG200-26?  I'm putting one in thursday and it will be my first of the 'smart' switch line. I ask because if I search for SLM2024 on Cisco's website I see another switch that was apparently made before the SG line came out, but it doesn't have the -NA suffix in its model.

Everyone's tags (5)
2 REPLIES 2
Beginner

SG300-28 SSH incoming packet was garbled on decryption

Hello Mr. Hackbarth,

There is a known problem when OpenSSH has been built against an incorrect version of OpenSSL; that causes this error message. The quick workaround is to configure PuTTY to use SSH protocol 2 and the  Blowfish cipher.

1. Go to Connection -> SSH -> Protocol options. Set “Preferred SSH protocol version:” to SSH version 2.
  2. Go to Connection -> SSH -> Encryption options. Promote  Blowfish to the top of the list of “Encryption cipher selection policy:”

I hope this infomation helps you.

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco network engineer

Thank you

*If this answer was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.*

Re: SG300-28 SSH incoming packet was garbled on decryption

I realize this post is very old, but I am using solar winds n-central to use java remote into these switches.  I can remote with putty locally, but am receiving the error when trying to remote from their software.  It is a huge shot in the dark commenting here because it is likely the rmm software, but if anyone has run into this, I would love to know a work around.