Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-28 without fan - add fan and temp

pepeEL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a switch sg300-28 without fan and not show temp. I see that in motherboard is point to solder plug for fans and I test and it give on one pin 12V and on second about 3.3V.

Is any chance to solder plug and connect fan. It works ok but in GUI not show in menu Health and not show status fan and status temp. Also probably rpm fan is not regulated. Is any chance to add in menu GUI position Health and to show status fan and temp? Is any chance? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Pepe,

Yes, the same firmware - not all the switches will show sensors and fan information. The same on my side - no sensors available - so it is normal. These models does not need fans - they will not generate a lot of heat as PoE switches for example.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guy, i think that is not possible, i suggest you buy a module from cisco partner and not solder it yourself. On GUI, there are information of temperature, fans status if your device has this supplies. But adapter it, i think its not possible.
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

But what module you suggest to buy from partner? 

I solder connection, and connect fan. It works but on full power. Not regulated rpm... And also not show in gui status fan.

Hello Pepe,

What is the output of the command?  :

switch# show system sensors

Cheers, 

Mike  

Switch-SG300-28#show system sensors
No sensors available
Switch-SG300-28#

You use firmware 1.4.9.4 ?

Hello Pepe,

Yes, the same firmware - not all the switches will show sensors and fan information. The same on my side - no sensors available - so it is normal. These models does not need fans - they will not generate a lot of heat as PoE switches for example.

But i found info that model without fan has small MTBF working....

But please confirm me it that on your switch also is modification this:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-switches/no-option-copy-to-backup/td-p/3798929