cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-28P identifies itself as a duplicate IGMP Querier IP address

mattybrownuk
Level 1
Level 1

25-Jun-2015 08:44:45 %BRG_IGMP_QRR-W-DUPLICATE_IP: Duplicate IGMP Querier IP address 192.168.142.1 detected on VLAN 1. Remote MAC address is 34:a8:4e:0d:34:55.

I am seeing this regularly on this SG300-28P switch.  These IP and MAC addresses belongs to the switch itself and it is the IGMP querier.  I don't understand why the switch is identifying itself as a duplicate - has it got split personality disorder??  Have I messed up on the configuration somewhere?

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is IGMP snooping enabled or a mrouter defined? Sounds you're getting duplicate reports.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Yes, IGMP snooping is enabled on this switch and it's is the querier.

I've used the following configuration:

ip igmp snooping
ip igmp snooping vlan 1
ip igmp snooping vlan 1 querier

There's no mrouter defined, but according to the CLI guide, by default "Learning pim-dvmrp is enabled."

Before I configured IGMP snooping, I used Wireshark to determine that multicast packets were being flooded to all ports on each switch, which was the reason for configuring IGMP snooping in the first place.

Bonjour is also enabled on the switch, but I've never really understood what it does - I just know it's enabled by default.

bonjour interface range vlan 1

I tried moving the IGMP snooping to another switch, but I get the same message there too.  Definitely no duplicate IP addresses on the network, which was what I thought the message was telling me at first.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X