Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 52MP POE. Left side data issues?

QuantumAdmin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Forgive me if this is basic or obvious in anyway, I appreciate any help I can get.  Plugging in a POE device (ip phone/camera) to the left side ports (1-12, 25-36) will power up the device, giving solid amber/green led's on the port.  At this point however, I have no data transfer to the device and it does not connect to the network. Plugging this same device in on any right side port (13-24, 37-48) will connect with no issue with green led flashing sporadically signifying data transfer.  There are no vlan differences or even port settings differences distinguishing the two sides.  I do get an stp forwarding warning when I plug into an unusable port after the initial UP status in the log, vs just a steady UP status when plugged on the right side.  I'm just curious as to why only the left side has decided to segregate itself and what is happening data wise to create such a problem.  Any help is more than appreciated, thank you.

3 Replies 3

Joshua Beatty
Level 1
Level 1

You stated PoE devices. If you plug a non-PoE device in ports 13-24/37-28 do you have the same issue?

Same situation with non-PoE devices it seems like.  I went a little deeper to check my interface statistics and it seems that these ports will receive some packets but not transmit packets in any form.  Any information is much appreciated!  Thanks.

Have you factory reset the device and are you running the latest firmware? If you purchased the device in the last year or have a contract on the device I would encourage you to call support so that we can provide more in depth assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X