cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-52P: Firmware 1.4.2.4 stops forwarding after a while

symentisgmbh
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading from 1.3.7.18 to 1.4.2.4, the Switch stopped forwarding on all ports. Rebooting the switch helped, but nothing in the logs.

We switched back to 1.3.7.18, and it works again as it was before.

Any issues known with 1.4.2.4?

6 Replies 6

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi do not see any known caveats for that issue but you may have hit something there not aware of yet as latest release , I would still report it to the SMB team at least then they will try fix it and notify you when its fixed so you can move up again

covers sg200/300/500 release

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/Sx500/release_notes/R_1_4_2_RN.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

smb

One additional info:

It first worked, but stopped forwarding after approx. 16 hrs.

if that was the only device that experienced the issue during that time its most likely software/firmware related , if other devices experienced it during the same time you may have had a different issue like a storm or layer 2 stp issue that halted the network due to processing issues, if that's the case will need some form of logs off the other network devices to try isolate the issue, were you able to collect anything during the outage that may be significant to the fault

It was the only device (only one central switch in the office)

Just my opinion but I would class that as firmware issue as you rolled back and the issue is not there anymore and has not returned , some of these releases on SMB devices are not as well tested as the others, same goes for even enterprise version images where you get ED releases and EX releases which are more susceptible to bugs than the MD release and are not as rigorously tested the Safe Harbour versions.

Really the only team that can give you a definitive answer on that is the SMB or TAC teams as its the latest release , I would stick to the rollback for now anyway,

I just wanted to check in: how was this resolved (or did you stay on the previous software version)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X