cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 configuration backup

l685598
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking at the txt file downloaded when I did a backup of my running configuration.  I guess I expected it to look like an IOS configuration.  How can this possibly be a viable backup configuration and how do I get to a txt file that allows me to compare configs without going through multiple GUI screens?

Wayne in Colorado

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>

<html>
<body>
<FORM METHOD='POST' name="copyFiles"  ACTION="/cs88314b0e/device/copyfiles.xml" >
<INPUT  NAME="errorCollector" Size="128"   value=""></INPUT>

<copyFilesError>
<msg><![CDATA[Value=Unknown&nbsp;value,&nbsp;Index=1,&nbsp;Name=Unknown&nbsp;MIB&nbsp;name,&nbsp;Error&nbsp;type=General&nbsp;error,&nbsp;&#39;Diag=Entry&nbsp;already&nbsp;exists&nbsp;in&nbsp;the&nbsp;Copy&nbsp;History&nbsp;table..&#39;]]></msg>
</copyFilesError>

<copyFilesVT>
<INPUT  Name="HistoryTable" Size="128"   value="OK"></INPUT>
<INPUT  Name="rlCopyHistoryTable$VT" Size="128"   value="OK"></INPUT>
<INPUT  Name="rlCopyHistoryHistoryIndex$VT" Size="128"  value="Type=0;Access=1;NumOfEnumerations=0;Range0=[-2147483648,2147483647]"></INPUT>
<INPUT  Name="rlCopyHistoryOperationState$VT" Size="128"  value="Type=0;Access=1;NumOfEnumerations=5;Range0=[1,5]"></INPUT>
<INPUT  Name="rlCopyHistoryBytesTransferred$VT" Size="128"  value="Type=0;Access=1;NumOfEnumerations=0;Range0=[-2147483648,2147483647]"></INPUT>
<INPUT  Name="rlCopyHistoryErrorMessage$VT" Size="128"  value="Type=100;Access=1;NumOfEnumerations=0;Range0=[0,160]"></INPUT>
<INPUT  Name="HistoryTable$endVT" Size="128"   value="OK"></INPUT>
</copyFilesVT>
<copyFiles>

<entryCopyFiles>
<index>5</index>
<state>5</state>
<bytes>11321</bytes>
<msg><![CDATA[&nbsp;]]></msg>
<OK>OK</OK>
</entryCopyFiles>

</copyFiles>
</FORM>
</body>
</html>

1 Reply 1

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Wayne,

The output you are seeing is not normal for saving your configuration.  The actual config should look very similair to IOS.  This looks more like maybe your browser or A/V software downloaded the HTML code for the web GUI instead of the actual text file the switch was sending you. 

Try backing up your config with another browser or PC.  You can also enable SSH/telnet access and login there to do a show run.  You can then copy that output into a text file to use as a backup.

Hope that helps,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*