cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 - correct config for redundant link between two switch

binario1974
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have two switch SG300-10 that need to be interconnect togheter with a simple redundant "cable fail safe" configuration.

My idea is use the two uplink copper port of the first switch, connected to the two uplink copper port of the second switch.

Can please help me, to create a working setup configuration?

The first setup that i need, is with only one VLAN1 for all ports,

The second setup is with the VLAN1 assigned to the ports 1-2-3-4 of all the two switch, (linked togheter by uplink ports)

and the VLAN2 assigned to the ports 5-6-7-8 always linked togheter with the same uplink ports.

Is possible use the two uplink port at the same time, as cable fail safe? or use a uplink port 1 for the first group and the second uplink port for second group?

I need to use this configuration for audio cobranet transport, and i need to test the correct configuration for the primary and secondary audio stream, if can work togheter on the same VLAN or i need to separate the two stream, from start to the end.

Kind Regards.

Luigi

2 Replies 2

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Luigi

Sound like you want to run a Link Aggregation (LAG) between the two switches to create the redundancy;

See an interesting  old posting, where I pasted some screen shots on creating a LAG

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2079258

It will be interesting to see how the primary and secondary audo streams work.  I guess this part of your question depends on how you configure the primary and secondary audio streams.

The switch treats a LAG interface like another switch port.

Try creating a LAG interface on both switches..

So  then add the second VLAN to the LAG group.

Then connect the two switches together and test the redundancy.

regards Dave

Dear Dave,

I have 2 Cisco Manageable Switch (CISCO SG300-28 ).I Want to configure redundancy on these two switches. Can u Please tell me step  by step.

Please attach screen shot also.

Regards

Raj