Replies

SG300 factory reset takes HOURS

DemPackets412
Level 1
Level 1

SG300 in L3 mode - stops passing all traffic

Setup is:
Modem -> Ubiquiti EdgeRouter POE -> SG300 L3 mode

there is a single port trunk to port 1 on the SG300 that I have 4 vlans running across

2nd time in a month the SG300 completely stops passing traffic

I hard reboot the sg300 and it takes literally hours to reply to ping or have the webGUI accessible

anyone else experience this? help?

also I do not have a console cable, nor do I have a COM port - can you recommend a working console to USB?

3 Replies 3

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can setup a remote syslog server to store log messages so we can review them when you experience the issues as this could be happening for numerous reasons. 

What are the firmware and boot versions on your SG300?

Replies from the SG300 shouldn't be taking that long after a reboot - getting a hold of a console cable so we can monitor the boot process can be helpful in determining the reason for the slowness that you are experiencing as well. 

Please feel free to give us a call and log a service request with TAC so an engineer can assist you further.

So crazy enough - I started unplugging and plugging in to different ports and behold! I put it in gi19 and it started pinging.

I was on 1.4.7.06 fw and am now upgraded to 1.4.8.xx

Hi,

This may have been caused by specific port configuration which was not allowing you to access the management interface. I'm glad you managed to resolve it!