cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 Firmware Update Failing

howardh01
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to update the boot code and firmware on my SG300-20 and SG300-28P.  I deactivated Windows Firewall, Glasswire and Malwarebytes.  I acquired TFTPD64 and extracted it to the C drive in its own folder.  I downloaded the 1.4.1.03 ZIP, extracted it, and TFTp'd the switch with Boot Code version 1.3.5.06.  I then tried to use the firmware that came along with it (ver. 1.4.1.3) but I keep getting a message that says  "Copy: Illegal software format."  Would someone please help me to understand what I am doing wrong?

3 Replies 3

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Perhaps try a different (but newer) firmware version first.

howardh01
Level 1
Level 1

I found the answer 5 minutes after I posted in this forum.  Here is the answer (click here).  Simply upgrade to an intermediary Firmware and upgrade to the latest Boot Code before upgrading to the latest Firmware. 

I've tested it and it works.

Hi Howard,

Glad you found the answer.. In trying to understand how we can make your experience better can you please share how you were able to find the procedure for upgrading your firmware and boot code? also, what recommendations would you have to enhance your experience.

Thanks,

Glenn Martin, Community Manger,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X