cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 Firmware Upgrade - Copy: Illegal software format

jclarke99
Level 1
Level 1

Following the process documented in the SG300 manual - When I select the firmware source file - Select File sx300_fw-14088.ros (I just downloaded from the Cisco website)  -  I receive the following error - Copy: Illegal software format.  What is the file extension of the firmware upgrade file?  What am I doing wrong?

48 Replies 48

Hi Mike,

maybe I did not say it exactly, I have done all these standard procedures and do not work. I cannot switch from 1.3.0.59 to 1.3.0.62 (or any 1.3.0.x version I tryed all available) . Always after restart is 1.3.0.59 loaded (yes I set as Active the new one). This situation occurs on 2 switches out of 20 total. There is the same problem with both devices MD5 checksum is not present.

The last thing I'm thinking about is downgrade boot image on an older version, but it's not available for download .. or some other idea?

Regards,

Michael P.

The switches are all on  1.3.0.62, and the boot version is  1.1.0.6. When I try to upgrade either the boot code of the image to sx500_fw-13558.ros and sx500_boot-13506.rfb I get the Copy: Illegal software format error.

Grrr

Hi

I update to ver 1.4.9.4 and I see that in this soft is not available option to save config to destination file backup. 

In version 1.3.x.x it was available... Please confirm me it. 

Hey,

found your thread and had the same issue. In general you just need to check the Release Notes:

Upgrading from Versions Earlier than 1.3.5
When upgrading the device from version prior to 1.3.5, you first need to upgrade
the device image to image version 1.3.5 or 1.3.7 and the latest boot file (1.4.0.x).

In short, as you probably need to upgrade and your FW is below 135 or 137, use TFTP to upload sx300_boot-13506.rfb to update BOOT version first, then update your firmware... 

BR
Krys7ian