cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 firmware upgrade

Networking2011
Level 1
Level 1

I've been having a problem with a brand new SG300-10 switch that I posted about yesterday. I checked the firmware and it was at 1.0.0.27 and the lastest is 1.1.0.73. So I backed up the current firmware and loaded the 1.1.0.73 version and it seem to be CLI based only, with no web GUI, can anyone confirm this?

If so is there an easy way to reload the 1.0.0.27 using the CLI? There is nothing in the CLI docs that I can see unless it's buried.

The release notes for 1.1.0.73 don't say it's CLI only either, maybe something just went wrong but the CLI seems to be functional.

2 Replies 2

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Networking 2011

Hi I guess you tried the console. 

There is a CLI manual available under the 300 series resources, free availbale , but I will attach it for your reference.

If you are in the console type "menu" and you will be taken back to the familiar menual that you are used to,.

People have been asking for a supported CLI for a while, great that you discovered it.

Use the console to find your IP address that was allocated by dhcp. 

I must admit i prefer the CLI., but that's a personal preference.

I use the command ;

SG300-10P#show ip interface

IP Address         I/F       Type     Directed   Precedence   Status

Broadcast

------------------- --------- ----------- ---------- ---------- -----------

192.168.10.13/24    vlan 1    Static      disable    No         Valid

SG300-10P#show run interafce vlan 1

interface vlan 1

ip address 192.168.10.13 255.255.255.0

no ip address dhcp

ipv6 enable

ipv6 address 2001:1:1:1::300/64

!

SG300-10P# 

Once you have found your DHCP allocated IP address you should be able to get to the GUI.  But please note, check the release notes that comes with every firmware release.  There is a relevant section ;

Issue 3: Some configurations might fail when upgraded from release 1.0 to release 1.1.0.73. The following configuration commands/features might be impacted.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/release_notes/SxE_R1.1.pdf

regards Dave

Setting the IP got things running. Thanks!

I read all that in the release notes for 1.1.0.73 but the switch came in with a default IP set so I assumed that

the firmware update would have at least defaulted to the factory IP but it was set to 0.0.0.0. I also assumed the GUI/menu would be enabled by default just like the new switch.  Maybe just a warning at the top of the release notes that says "THE IP will be set as 0.0.0.0 after firmware upgrade" and "The GUI will not be enabled by default" would have been helpful. For someone that is not up to speed on the CLI it would save a lot of time.

Thanks for the assist.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X