Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 - IGMPV3 - Group Specific Query failing after client leaving

Jeroen3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have done some IGMP tests with the SG300 (single switch setup). With the SG300 set as IGMPV2 querier, everything works as expected. When the SG300 querier is changed to IGMPV3, things are getting weird.

With IGMP snooping "on" and immediate  leave "off", the SG300 fails to react to a (IGMPV3) client leaving the group. I would expect that the switch does a group specific query immediately, but it doesn't happen. Instead, the multicast stream stays on for minutes before it is cut off.

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks!

Jeroen

6 Replies 6

mipopov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jeroen,

Happy new 2019 year! 

What is your switch firmware version?

Happy new year to you too!

The firmware version is 1.4.9.4. I tried 1.4.8.6 as well, there doesn't seem to be any difference. The issue remains.

Thanks!

Hello Jeroen,

What happens if you enable immediate leave?

* you can enable it with command

switchxxxxxx(config)# ip igmp snooping vlan X immediate-leave

If immediate leave is enabled, the SG300 responds immediately to a leave and cuts off the stream. Exactly as it supposed to do. So no problem there. It's just with IGMPV3 querier on and immediate leave off.

delta991
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the same problem as Jeroen3 with the Switch SG550.

SG550 also fails to react to a (IGMPV3) client leaving a multicast group. As Jeroen3, I would expect the Switch to send Group-Specific queries after the group leave, but it doesn't happen. Instead, the Switch waits few cycles of (IGMPV3) General queries before updating its snooping table. Here are the parameters used for IGMPV3 snooping:

igmpv3.png

The  "Last Member Query Counter" has no effect on the Switch behaviour when a (IGMPV3) client leaves a group (we tested with values ranging from 1 to 7).

We use the last firmware vailable : 2.5.0.83.

Can anyone give an explanation for this please ?

Thanks in advance for your Help !

Sam

Using my SG300 testing some IGMP issues I found that their were 2 IGMP entries for a multicast source, (S,G) Where S was populated in one entry and not in the other, I deleted the *,G entry and solved the issue.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X