Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 password is "stuck"?

fmarshall
Level 1
Level 1

I have an SG300 with a lost password. 

I want to change the password and to preserve the configuration so I can save the configuration with the new password.

I've used the console / power-on process to reset passwords just fine with other units.

With this one, even if I set it back to factory defaults, it appears that the console / power-on reset process doesn't work.

When I select (3) and then Enter, the menu with (3) reappears.

So that's a command LOOP.

???

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check what firmware compare to others working vs not working. Looks complete reset required i guess here?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandi wrote:

check what firmware compare to others working vs not working. Looks complete reset required i guess here?

With this one, even if I set it back to factory defaults, it appears that the console / power-on reset process doesn't work.

the firmware is the latest as we're going through an update check and installations....

sure that is one of the option you can upgrade to latest and test it. (but as you mentioned when ever you select option the process iterating or rebooting ? - hope not the same case with upgrade)

if that is the case may required to open SMB TAC case.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I hope you will get an option to press the ‘Esc’ button once the menu reappears. Please check the step 3 and 4 on the below mentioned link once and try that if that helps:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-small-business-300-series-managed-switches/smb4985-administrator-password-recovery-for-300-and-500-series-manag.html

If those two steps works fine, then you can follow the remaining steps mentioned on that link to complete the process.

fmarshall
Level 1
Level 1

Gee, I'm sorry, I thought my inital problem description covered that process AND says that it is what's not working.  It gets into an endless loop.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X