cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 scp slow, lots of timeouts

Tilman Schmidt
Level 1
Level 1

Copying the configuration from my SG300 switches to my Linux management machine takes a surprising amount of time. Example:

sw1#copy startup-config scp://mgmtsrv/sw1.cfg

21-Oct-2013 10:35:29 %COPY-I-FILECPY: Files Copy - source URL flash://startup-config destination URL scp://mgmtsrv/sw1.cfg

!!!!......!....!!!!......!....21-Oct-2013 10:36:55 %COPY-N-TRAP: The copy operation was completed successfully

!

Copy: 28735 bytes copied in 00:01:27 [hh:mm:ss]

87 secs for 28 kB do seem excessive, and also there are a lot of dots which according to the manual indicate timeouts.

When watching the progress in real time every character takes between one and five seconds to appear, with the dots perhaps a bit faster on average.

All switches are running Sx300_FW_1.3.0.62 and are connected to the management machine via Gigabit Ethernet over at most two switches.

Neither the network nor the management machine show any sign of overload.

Even the switch to which the management machine is directly connected shows the same behaviour, so it doesn't look like a network issue.

Is that normal?

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Partner,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Lots of time outs, more than normal I would think.  There are no known issues about it, it does not seem like a network slow down issue and I am afraid I do not have an answer or suggestion for you and therefore I suggest you to open a service request to figure this out,

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

I wish I could be of a better help and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X